Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Contemplation

Myspace Motivational Icons

So I sit awake dreaming of movies they wont make of me when I'm dead. Is there more than just work, retire, die to life. I read about people that have done great things in their life and think I gotta be greater. Most people say what's wrong with being ordinary? There is no such thing as ordinary. It's a state of mind and not for the strong at heart. Just because the world does not know who I am doesn't mean I have not done great things you say. I guess that could be right but if no one knows about it did it really happen? Are there thousands of great things that have happened that have fallen of societies radar? If so, were they really great things or just a random act of heroism? Sure you could argue that donating to charity and helping the elderly cross the street are great things that are rarely recognized but does that really change the world or just the parties involved. When we die will the legacy of us doing those things live on and change the course of the world forever? Probably not. But in may in fact change the lives of those helped. It makes you think doesn't it?

No comments: